Monday, November 14, 2011

Problems Configuring BizTalk 2010

I had two problems configuring BizTalk 2010 in a distributed environment I thought I would share.  The first was a problem on assigning the SSO Administrators group.  Since I was using a distributed environment I had to replace the local group name with the domain group name.  When I did so I got the warning icon with the detail.

Failed to add the user 'Domain\btsadmin' to the domain group 'Domain\SSO Administrators'

Now this user was already in the group and I was logged on as a Domain Admin so the message could not be correct.

There are blogs that say you need to re-register SSOSQL.DLL that is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On   (and also in the sub-directory  \Win32) but I had done that.  The answer was: delete the existing entry and manually type in the account name -DON'T click on the ellpises (...). Stupid error I know, but that fixes it.

The second problem arose when configuring BAM.  I had installed the pre-requisites including SQLServer2005_NS_x64.MSI as well as installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Integration Services locally which is a requirement.  But I got the following error when applying the configuration

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Instapi, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Sure enough, this DLL was not in the GAC, although the 10.0 one was there.
Turns out you need to install the correct versions of the MSIs - I had somehow managed to download the wrong ones.  They correct ones are:

sqlncli_x64.msi                                            6430KB
SQLServer2005_NS_x64.msi                     3337KB
SQLServer2005_XMO_x64.msi               15066KB
sqlxml.msi 06                                             12683KB

They can be downloaded from here

Aftr that, the configuration went smoothly

No comments: